The announcement of the Deputy Minister of Finance, Mr. Theodors Slikakakis is the justification of efforts is for the “Information Society M.A.E.” Mr Theodoros Skilakakis is the manager of the Recovery Fund, for the approval of the technical sheets of the first twelve (12) projects of the “Greece 2.0” project with a total budget of EUR 1.42 billion.
I.S. M.A.E. is implementing five (5) of the twelve (12) projects, which indicates the confidence of the Ministry of Digital Governance and personally of the Minister Mr. Kyriakos Pierrakakis to the company while at the same time highlighting the catalytic role of the I.S. in the digital transformation of the public administration and the digital “restructuring” of existing administrative structures.
I.S.’s CEO, Mr. Stavros Asthenidis highlighted specifically that: “All of us here at the I.S. feel particularly satisfied and justified by the fact that we are called upon to implement five of the first twelve projects of the Recovery Fund, contributing decisively to the achievement of the programme “Greece 2.0″. The Information Society, as the implementing arm of the broader digital strategy of the Ministry of State and Digital Governance, contributes catalytically to the digital transformation of the state through the implementation of all these major Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) projects, in order for citizens, the economy and the public administration itself to reap the maximum possible benefits. I would like to personally thank the Minister Mr. Kyriako Pierrakaki, the Deputy Ministers and all our partners in the Ministry of Digital Governance for their cooperation and their trust”.
These five projects, with a total budget of €294.7 million, for which the Information Society has been selected as the implementing agency, are the following:
- Reformation of the Fiscal System in the Central Administration and other General Government GOV-ERP. The project is about the reformation of the financial and fiscal management system of the Public Sector in order to increase its efficiency. This is the preparation, support and development of an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) information system for the General Government and the State Administration.
Budget: EUR 36,1 million
“The price of the project will be reduced by a total of €1.5 billion.
- Expansion and support of the National Telecommunications Network – Conjunction II, which is the network of telecommunications and telematics services of public sector entities with a presence in 4500 locations throughout the country.
Budget: EUR 32,1 million
“The price of the project will be reduced to €1.5 billion.
- Unified Digital Infrastructure for Citizen and Business Services to create the technological and information mechanisms that will enable the expansion of digital services and transactions between the public sector, businesses and citizens.
Budget: EUR 69,4 million
- Internet services to achieve interoperability between the information systems of the Public Administration which concerns the provision of a package of G2G Web services in order to facilitate the transaction between G2G state entities, between G2C state-citizens and G2B state-businesses, ultimately increasing the services to be provided by the gov.gr platform
Budget: EUR 27,9 million
- T the Digital Care programme, which is already running and provides – based on income and social criteria – a voucher worth €200 for pupils, students and students for the purchase of technological equipment (tablet, laptop, desktop), actively supporting 325,000 families with 560,000 children and young people aged 4 to 24.
Budget of €129.2 million.